iPhone 6s plus Headphone Jack Replacement Lightning Connector
iPhone 6s plus Headphone Jack Replacement
Guide will helpful to replace the headphone jack iPhone 6s plus, following steps will help to replace the headphone jack lightening connector.
The following steps in the guide help to replace the flex cable in an iPhone 6s plus. The cable assembly is placed near the home button of the headphone jack and lightning connector. If your phone is troubling with the charging or connect via USB. The loose headphone jack is available in the market. You can replace the component and resolve your issue.
· Please insert the Sim eject tool into the hole in the Sim tray.
Remove the Sim Tray
· When you are reinserting the SIM tray, need to make sure to orient the tray. Sim eject tray hole is on the bottom side.
Use peantalobe screws
Note: Before de-assembling your iPhone, charge the battery below 25%. A lithium-ion battery can catch the fire or explode if it is punctured.
· Power off your phone before starting disassembling
· Use the 3.4mm peantalobe screw to remove on either side of the lightning cable.
· You can apply the mild heat to the lower edge of the iPhone. The repairer can also use the iOpener or hairdryer for a minute.
· The process of heating softens the adhesive and secure the display, make it little easier to open.
Separate the strip of adhesive:
· Open the display of the 6s plus and separate the strip of adhesive. It is around the perimeter of the display. If you want to replace the adhesive, you can replace the adhesive strips ready before you continue the further process. It is also possible to complete the repair process before completing the adhesive. You would not notice any difference in the functionality.
· You can also apply the suction cup to the lower-left corner of the display assembly.
· Pull up the suction cup with the firm constant pressure and create a slight gap between the front panel and rear case.
Note: pull too hard damage the display assembly. Apply enough pressure to create a small gap between the display assembly and the rear case.
The safest place to pry from the notch in the front panel above the headphone Jack, maintaining the pressure on the suction cup, insert the spudger into the gap directly above the headphone jack.
Twist the Spudger into the Gap
· You can twist the spudger into the gap between the front panel and rear case. Slide the edge of the spudger under the bottom left corner of the display.
· Slide the tip of the spudger left the side of the phone between the front panel and rear case.
Insert the flat tip of spudger:
· Put the flat tip of the spudger on the right edge of the display and slide the spudger.
Plastic opening tool
· Use the plastic opening tool to hold down the rear case, pull up the suction cup to open the phone.
So not remove the display completely, it will damage the data cable, connect the display near the top edge of the iPhone.
Open the display
· Gently lift the display assembly and open the phone using the clips at the top of the front panel. Open the display at 90 degrees.
Note: do not open the display above 90 degrees, because it is still connected at the top of the phone, along with the display, digitizers, and front camera cables. Use the rubber band to keep the display secure, while you are on work
Use the Philip screw secure the battery connector bracket to the logic board. It must consist of the following lengths.
· One 2.9 mm screw
· One mm screw
· Remove the battery connector
Use the spudger to nail disconnect the battery:
· You can use the spudger or clean nail to disconnect the battery connector and pry it straight on the logic board.
· Bend the connector back and power the iPhone while you are on working.
Assemble the display
Remove the following Phillips screws:
· One 1.6 mm screw
· Three 1.3 mm screws
· One 3.0 mm screw
Remove the display cable bracket
Disconnect front-facing camera:
Use the plastic opening tool to disconnect the front-facing camera and sensor cable connector, disconnect digitizer cable.
Note: Do not press at the centre of the connector, end of the connector. Press at the centre of the connector. It bends the component and causes damage to the digitizer.
Disconnect the display cable:
Disconnect the display cable by prying it straight up from its socket on the logic board.
During the reassembly, you can replace the adhesive around the edges of the display.
Point of spudger can be used to pry up and disconnect the antenna cable from the bottom logic board. Disconnect the lightening connector cable from the logic board, and remove the bracket.
Carefully lift the antenna cable and route it from the edge from the phone. Use the point of the spudger to make the cable free from the retaining cable. Secure the logic board. During the installation. You can also insert the SIM card and re-route the antenna cable.
Insert the flat end of the spudger between the long edges of the speaker. Gently pry to loosen the speaker module.
Lightning connector and Headphone Jack:
· Point of spudger is used to disconnect the topic engine Flex from the lower flex cable.
· Peel back the tape over the screw secure the lightening connector flex cable to the tip of the phone.
· Prepare the iOpener and lay it across the bottom of the phone to soften the adhesive
· Insert the opening pick under the lightening connector flex cable and slowly slice through the adhesive holding the cable to the rear case.
· Continue sliding the opening pick underneath the flex cable.
· By using the opening pick to pry to left microphone edge of the rear case
Insert the spudger into the headphone
· Insert the point of the spudger into the headphone jack and slightly loosen the headphone jack from the bottom edge of the case.
Remove the Lightning connector Assembly:
· The replacement part comes with the headphone jack, use tweezers to remove old parts and transfer to the replacement part.
· Before the installation, use the spudger to remove remaining adhesive from the rear case, you can use high concentration isopropyl alcohol to help with the process.